Pegasus Opera users can now maintain their stock Re-orders Levels,Re-order Quantities and Minimum Stock Levels through Microsoft Excel – now the data can be meaningful.
A new function has just been released for Data Manager (needs XL Reports for Opera framework) which allows an operator to extract stock for any combination of Category or Warehouse into a standard Excel sheet, modify the quantities as required and then write the changes back into Opera.
In order to make calculating the optimum levels and quantities the operator can optionally include values such as:
• Last Issued and Received Dates.
• Current In-Stock Level, PO Quantity, SO Qualtity, Allocations & Free Stock.
• Issues history per period for the last year.
This new functionality has been requested a number of times by users who need to keep up to date with their stock control, avoid over and under stocking and keep the cost of holding stock as low as possible. Taken together with other functionality released recently:
• Allowing for the import of Purchase Order Requisitions from Excel.
• Using an automated re-order report in Excel to generate data for this PO import.
• Management of Supplier Product lists via Excel.
• Stock Additions/Update via Excel
• Stock-Take updates and the import of Issues/Receipts/Adjustments from Excel.
The software is available completely free of charge to any existing users of Data Manager, it can be downloaded on a trial basis by anyone who would like to access it.
If there are any particular requirements that Opera users have we would be more than happy to discuss them, either in the free online forum, by telephone, or via message on the web site.